Thanks to everyone who downloaded the previous version. I have an even newer one that fixes more stuff:
but see the note at the bottom of this posting.
Please download this version if you have had any of these problems:
- Hand moving by itself across the puzzle screen.
- Graphical junk along the top and bottom of the puzzle screen.
- Crash when using the -language option to switch to a Western language, on an operating system with an Asian locale set.
- If you were experiencing a lot of screen stretching in the last bug-test version.
- If you have an Athlon XP and the last bug-fix test was crashing.
This version also includes all the fixes from the last bugfix test:
- Game crashes on start-up (giving the TODO error or no error).
- Game runs but gives you a black screen, but when you press Escape you can see the menu.
- Game runs very slowly and you wish you could pick a lower resolution so that the game would run faster.
- Can’t move the hand on the puzzle screen.
If you’re interested, please download and let me know if these issues are fixed for you, and if you have any further problems.
If all goes well, I will roll out new builds to all the online distribution partners tonight.
Note and a bit of a warning: The bugfix test versions of Braid write extra data to your saved games that the earlier versions don’t understand. This is fine if you don’t expect to re-play an earlier version, but if you do, the earlier version will not be able to understand your save file and will reset the game. To avoid this, either use the Save Slots option (in the Settings menu) to copy your save into some extra slots before you install this bugfix test, or else manually copy your game saves somewhere save. (For example, in Windows XP, they live in C:\Documents and Settings\Your Name\Braid). Thanks.